Wednesday 9 April 2008

And I'm off...

This past Sunday I heard from a group that is driving around the world that I could join them. I had read a post on couchsurfer.com about their trip and after looking through their website, I though I would casually see if they didn't mind if I joined them. I never expected the answer to be yes!

So, on Monday I impulsively bought a ticket to Libreville, Gabon, and ran to the Embassy of Gabon to sort out my visa. I'll be leaving tomorrow (Friday) to meet up with them, and will spend the next 6-7 weeks driving through Western and Southern Africa back towards South Africa. This promises to be a very rough and challenging road for me (figuratively and literally), but I am looking forward to the test.

Here is a link to their website will all the details about their project, including posts and videos from the guys: http://theworldbyroad.com/

No comments: