Tuesday 6 November 2007

And so it begins...

I´ve officially only been gone for less than a day, but already it feels like forever! I didn´t anticipate having so much anxiety and heartache over leaving. Before I left, I browsed former and current Bonderman fellows´ blogs to see what they had to say about leaving, but most of the blogs were just filled with curious travel tales and pictures of folks smiling and having a good time.

But as one former Bonderman put it "I wished they had stopped me at immigration." I know that soon I will be glad that I was allowed to leave the country. It´s just scary!

Let me tell you though, it is not sunny here! My flight was diverted from Tegucigalpa to San Pedro Sula because of bad weather, and San Pedro just seems muggy and grey. I plan to leave IMMEDIATELY and head toward the North Coast. Mostly because there doesn´t really seem to be all that much to do in San Pedro, becuase my Spanish is child-like at best (and needed in San Pedro) and because I am la unica in the hostel I am at right now...

Anyways, I´m sure I will have stories to tell soon, and most likely will find any chance I have to access internet to keep my travel tales updates (as a distraction until the knot in my stomach goes away!). Ciao all!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I’m reading this in South Africa, just hours (minutes?) after you must have posted it in South America. I’m sick at heart that I didn’t get the chance to hear your voice before you left on The Big Adventure. I can write the words “I love you,” and I know you understand how much I love you, but that won’t be the same. Remind me to slap your ASS next time I see you, girlie-girl! You left without giving me your wheels up date! If you’re carrying a world phone, please email your number. Be safe and remember that you are being monitored by people who love you dearly! Xox Aunt Linda

Paula said...

And that leaves you to your second Auntie who wishes you safety, health, knowledge, and an adventure of a lifetime. Be very, very careful in your journeys and know that we love you lots!
XOXOXO
Aunt Paula and Uncle Dave

Martin Penner said...

Aunty Marty also sends an ass slap.

Susan and Chris Smith said...

We look forward to following your adventures as you are traveling around the world. It will be fun to follow you through your blog. Be safe and have a great time!

Unknown said...

Hi, Jen! We miss you in Ballard. Say hi to Central America for me.
-Cameron

p.s. I am not your aunt.

Ben said...

Greetings from Chicago. I'm glad to hear you're off and going. Good luck and remember to dance like you've never danced before!

Ben Mills