Wednesday 16 January 2008

Panama City...Already!

The week with Jared was great. After I got over feeling ill and adjusting to not being in Utila and being with him in the Domincan Republic things were perfect. We went white water rafting and climbed waterfalls (which was actually harder than it sounds--my swim suit bottoms fell down while I was being pulled up one of the waterfalls and everyone, including the video camera man, saw my naughty parts!). Saying goodbye was horrible, and I kept having to stifle tears at the bus terminal and for the entire 4 hour ride back to Santo Domingo.

Which is another thing I think I should mention: traveling is hard. I mostly just post notes about all the fun things I´ve been doing and the great friends I´ve met. But there is so much frustration and emotional goodbyes and disorientation with travel that sometimes I feel like a shell of a person when I get to a new place.

On that note, I arrived in Panama City yesterday and met a fella named Nick to share a cab and a room with in the city. We basically walked everywhere yesterday stopping for beers along the way (warning: be careful when drinking with the English--they´ll drink you under the table). Today I am going to stop by the Brazilian Embassy to try to figure out my visa and then check out some scuba diving options. Will write more later!

No comments: