Tuesday 29 January 2008

Quick update!

So, I have safely arrived in Sao Paulo and am currently waiting in a 24hour internet cafe before my flight to Salvador tomorrow, where I will probably sleep until carnaval starts the next day!

In the past week now I´ve had two separate airlines charge me twice for the same ticket and two separate airlines cancel tickets. This part of travel is a pain in the ass. Especially since I spent my last two days in Bocas del Toro and one day in Costa Rica on the phone all day (I think close to about $50 in calls) trying to fix everything, with the result being my travel agent saying `sorry, there´s nothing i can do for you except refund the ticket. You´ll have to arrange your own way to Salvador.´Why do I even bother!?

Good news is, though, that everything will work out, because it always does, and I am being met by someone in the airport to take me to an apartment I am renting for the week with some friends I met on the internet. This should be exciting! I´ll keep you all posted.

No comments: